Story songs and ballads of hope, love, loss and sorrow. Scott Duncan is a San Antonio, Texas based Singer/Songwriter, and a two-time Kerrville New Folk Finalist.
His entertaining performances are a blend of lyrical, insightful songwriting, a rich baritone voice and an engaging guitar style.
His song, “November Rain,” was recently included on the compilation CD, Songs from SWRFA (Southwest Regional Folk Alliance).
A new CD, On a Bus to Nowhere, is available here, on iTunes and through CD Baby. Here's what some reviewers had to say:
* "Duncan has a big, deep voice and a cool guitar-picking style. His songs fuse classic folk and rougher-edged Texas songwriter sensibilities while drawing from Celtic and western influences."
* "The title track alone is worth the price of admission."
* “Tapping directly into the legacies of both Townes Van Zandt and Johnny Cash, “Down by the River” has it all: love, betrayal, murder and retribution, and “The Place I Call Home” indicates a lighter side, and these contrasts are just one aspect that makes “On a Bus to Nowhere” such an intertaining experience.”
* "...your tunes bring to mind the imagery of John Prine, Guy Clark or Robert Earl Keen."
* "The strength of this album is the songwriting."
* "Scott is a dear friend and wonderful songwriter and storyteller."